[Asterisk-biz] CC Fraud

Sergey Kuznetsov asterisk_biz at deeptown.org
Sat Jun 18 10:53:49 MST 2005

alex at pilosoft.com wrote:

>On Sat, 18 Jun 2005, David Aldworth wrote:
>

>>Even more interesting...have you noticed where 90% of the traffic tends
>>to go? We've basically cut off two "high risk" countries entirely and
>>several others to one degree or another. We must now require that
>>subscribers pro-actively contact us to gain access to these countries.
>>Our subscribers don't seem to mind, and the would be fraudulent
>>sign-up's have almost entirely gone away since the incentive is no
>>longer there.
>>

>David,
>
>Curious - which countries are those?

    Mostly - Nigeria, and some other African countries. We had that
problem as well. We still fighting for
chargebacks.
    We just realized that one American bank has been compromised, and
lots of those stolen credit cards
has been circulated for some time. I don't want to tell which bank is
it, but probably most of you who was
victimized has been accepted this bank's CC as minimum as once.

>-alex

All the Best!
Sergey.
Sergey Kuznetsov