[Asterisk-biz] CC Fraud

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Sat Jun 18 09:43:24 MST 2005

snacktime wrote:

>Is there a scam they run on you, or
>are you referring to chargebacks, etc..?

I presume he is talking about chargebacks, to which the Merchant has
absolutely no recourse for fraudulently used credit cards.

We have totally stopped accepting credit cards directly because of the
massive amount of chargebacks we endured.  Then to add insult to injury
our processing 'partner' decided to withhold a SERIOUS amount of money
for up to one year because they say they can, due to the high chargeback
percentage on our account.

Jeremy McNamara