[Asterisk-biz] CC Fraud

VoIP-PBX henry.coleman at voip-pbx.ca
Sat Jun 18 09:24:24 MST 2005

Jeremy McNamara wrote:

> Its  not just CC Fraud:
>
> http://www.cavebear.com/cbblog-archives/000183.html
>
> And no I am not posting this just because he mentions my company.
> Read in between the lines and you might begin to understand.
>

> Jeremy McNamara

With reference to  Mr. McNamara,
I have been a senior consultant involved in interconnect
(inter-carrier)billing issues for many years. It's not just small ITSP
that have trouble with "settlement". Telcos have always had an
interconnect billing problem. Most of them work on the supposition that
subscribers will make as many calls in one direction as they will in the
reverse direction.  It's a bit like saying my "piece of string" is the
same length as yours but we haven't got a tape measure!  I know this
sounds nuts, but one mobile company  in the UK ("no names, no pack
drill") had termination fees in access of 10 million pounds a month to
BT.and had no way of knowing whether this was correct. For an industry
that generates a transaction record (CDR) every time a call is made,
it's been "out to lunch" as far as settlement is concerned.

Henry L. Coleman
www.dragnetics.com