[Asterisk-biz] CC Fraud

David Aldworth daldworth at teliax.com
Sat Jun 18 07:44:16 MST 2005

We've seen it. We've had to work closely with the banks, the merchant
processor and had to totally redesign our sign-up process to deal with it.

Even more interesting...have you noticed where 90% of the traffic tends to
go? We've basically cut off two "high risk" countries entirely and several
others to one degree or another. We must now require that subscribers
pro-actively contact us to gain access to these countries. Our subscribers
don't seem to mind, and the would be fraudulent sign-up's have almost
entirely gone away since the incentive is no longer there.

DA