[Asterisk-biz] VOIP Services State/Federal Licensing requirements

Tom Hayden thayden at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 13:38:09 MST 2005

IANAL, but you're going to have to elaborate on what kind of specific
services you're going to offer.  I mean, do the new 911 regulations
apply to you? You better check out some of the resources on fcc.gov
and your state PUC before you get yourself in trouble. If you want to
become a CLEC, you're going to have to jump through a bunch of hoops.

Either way, you probably ought to spend a few bucks and talk to a
lawyer - not sure a mailing list is going to give you a definitive
answer.

--
Tom

On 6/13/05, Asterisk VoIP <asteriskst at gmail.com> wrote:
> Any one can help me to find out is there and legal State/Federal
> licensing requirements to start VOIP services? My company would like
> offer VOIP services to our existing customer base just wondering
> before going any further do we need to get any legal licensing from
> State/Federal authority to offer commercial VOIP
> services or we can offer under our existing LLC status?
>
> Thanks,
> John.

Tom