[Asterisk-biz] Double standards with netfone.ca.

alex at pilosoft.com alex at pilosoft.com
Mon Jun 6 16:55:59 MST 2005

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Storm D. J. Petersen wrote:

> I believe that was my point.
>
> They are charging more BECAUSE I wanted to set her up with asterisk pbx.
> If they had a cap on the minutes that's something I would consider.  If
> they offer unlimited it should not be subject to what device you are
> using. There are many ways around that anyways.  It reminds me back in
> the day when ISPs tried to charge for ONE COMPUTER only internet access
> and spazzed out if they found out you had a router or proxy.  How many
> ISPs are around now with that additude?
>
> Anyways I agree they need to make a profit and they can't survive with
> real UNLIMITED access... they should have some sort of CAP perhaps - but
> not charge me 4 times as much because I had an old pc that I wanted to
> give my mom for a voip router.
Mommy, they aren't letting me play with them! Its not fair!@$

What's your problem? Are terms of service unclear on the website?

It's not like they have a monopoly on VoIP service - go buy from someone
else.

You want unlimited 10$/month service so you can terminate 100k
minutes/month? Give me a break.

You want to pay per minute? Then use broadvoice connect or similar
service.

What is with the people who try to find cheapest service and then complain
it isn't up to their expectations...

-alex