[Asterisk-biz] 911 order is released

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Fri Jun 3 18:11:10 MST 2005

> (2) is the key.  Does dialup compatibility (ie: you'd need to allow iLBC
> or g.729) mean you don't require broadband, and make you exempt?

Well, just going on that paragraph it would indeed mean you're exempt if
you don't require broadband.  That would theoretically mean that any
Asterisk connection with allow=all is exempt.  You'd want to get a
lawyer to go through the whole document though as some clauses can be
outweighed by others.

The crazy thing is that it now opens up the American 911 service to the
whole world.

What is the VoIP provider going to do with my call if I call 911 from
New Zealand?  What about if 10,000 people from Eastern Europe DDOS the
E.911 service?

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell