[Asterisk-biz] Multipoint VOIP Network

Anton Krall akrall-lists at intruder.com.mx
Wed Jul 27 15:47:07 MST 2005

Brian.

You explanation was very interesting. I have been using asterisk as the
"brain" for some time now and when I saw the offer from vodtel I thought to
myself "wow! If they can do p2p without the need for a central directory or
server, then its magic!" and some clients of mine have been asking "why do
for asterisk when these guys do that?" then again, I need to explain to them
that voice communications is one thing and having PBX functions is another,
asterisk does it all but still, like you mentioned, you need to explain to
them how voip works so you need to explain how the Internet works and how
voice works over it :)