[Asterisk-biz] CID Spoofing

Robert Goodyear me at jrob.net
Wed Jul 27 12:06:55 MST 2005

On Jul 27, 2005, at 11:37 AM, Steve Totaro wrote:

> [...]

I have to pitch in here since my wife *is* an attorney...

This is not a good idea for many reasons. Flipping the business model
on its head, you really need to look at what honest purpose this would
serve. I, for one, cannot think of one, and if the purpose of your
product is a majority of dishonesty versus honesty, you're going to
have a problem in court. And you WILL find yourself there at some point
just by virtue of being a business owner. There's also another issue
that you'd be exposing yourself to called "attractive nuisance" wherein
if you create something that entices someone into doing something
fraudulent or harmful to themselves or others, you're liable. End of
story.

Sorry to be a wet blanket here, but there are plenty of good ways to
make >400% margins in telephony. Hey, you might try starting a VoIP
ITSP that believes in reliability and customer service... that'd make
millions! :-)

-Rob.