[Asterisk-biz] how does ipkall makes money

Rehan Ahmed AllahWala - Super Technologies I rehan at supertec.com
Wed Jul 27 10:14:57 MST 2005

Dear Ed And JN,

The way ipkall makes money is by receving the call on there network.

As they are a CLEC they get paid by the company that sends them the call, this
charge is very very small for instate calls and a little higer for interstate calls.

So they are making around .001 to .005 cents per min to receive the call for you.

This is why they are giving it out for free.

I hope more companies like this will come up soon.

I am not assuming all of the above, i know it for a fact. :)

If some one knows how Stanaphone makes money, do let me know.

Rehan

> Ed Greenberg wrote:
>
> > I wonder why Stanaphone and IPKall are still giving out free DIDs?
>

> My guess is typical telcom operation:  Sell at a loss for a
> pre-determined amount of time in attempts to build volume - then
> re-negoicate the deal
>

> Jeremy McNamara

Super Technologies Inc., Pensacola, Florida
http://www.supertec.com - Technologies from tomorrow, TODAY!
http://www.VirtualPhoneLine.com - Get A US, UK, EU Number, Forward it to
any  number in the world instantly.
http://www.PhoneOpia.com - SIP Based OPEN Phone Services.