[Asterisk-biz] Multipoint VOIP Network

Anton Krall akrall-lists at intruder.com.mx
Wed Jul 27 08:58:51 MST 2005

So in fact, all brach offices could be using ATA's or phones but you DO need
a central brain like Asterisk to make it all connect to each other right?
That’s how I have been using it but products like vodtel promote that they
don’t need a central brain, that their boxes or atas can connect to each
other via a propietary network, which I guess is something like dundi, but
you still need somewhere to register each ata, even with dundi right?
Somewhere where the ata actually authenticates its user and password and
knows where to send each call to?