[Asterisk-biz] Intercoms

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 07:39:20 MST 2005

Here is what I used:
http://www.vikingelectronics.com/
I have also looked at:
http://www.valcom.com/
However Vikings C2000 came out the best, it does four doors using just
one FXO, with callerID (the Valcom doesnt have callerID). However the
Viking is very expensive (around $800 for the C2000 with 4 door
boxes), but it inludes 4 relays one for each door, each realy can be
push to make or push to brake using six conducters (2 feeds, and the
other 4 are either always on, and relayed off, or vice versa, 2 for
each feed). The valcom is much cheaper
(http://www.valcom.com/v-2900.htm , or for 4 doors:
http://www.valcom.com/v2904.htm )
The problem however is that the Valcom 2904 doesn't do any CallerID
just distinctive ring.
Doorfonebell also makes something, but I was never succesfull in
getting the box to generate the same distinctive ring for each door so
that I can know within asterisk which door is calling. I'm putting my
doorfone bell on ebay soon.
If all you need is four doors with caller ID and door unlock, then the
cheapest option might be to buy a panasonic 624 with the door cards
and caller id cards (around $500+ if you get dealers prices). That
might be the best option as well, since it will be the only option
that will let you ring more than one door simultaneously (if you set
up more then one port with the panasonic that is).