[Asterisk-biz] FET Tax on phone service

Rehan Ahmed AllahWala - Super Technologies I rehan at supertec.com
Mon Jul 25 13:43:46 MST 2005

Hello All,

Any one of you who is in the united states, do u know if a pre paid pc to phone
service has to charge and pay FET ( Federal Excise Tax)

I know vonage charges its customers FET on retail side, but i want to know the
correct law.

We had IRS Over to our place and i had to spend an hr explaining to her how the
service works, but still she is not satisfied and i have to now explain to one more
person and ask what to do.

In retail vonage has charged users FET and in Wholesale vonage has charged us
USF ( Universal Service Fund)

Any and all comments are apreciated. ( except for marking my spelling mistakes)

Rehan
Super Technologies Inc., Pensacola, Florida
http://www.supertec.com - Technologies from tomorrow, TODAY!
http://www.VirtualPhoneLine.com - Get A US, UK, EU Number, Forward it to
any  number in the world instantly.
http://www.PhoneOpia.com - SIP Based OPEN Phone Services.