[Asterisk-biz] E1 / Virtual Sip

Linus Surguy linus at magrathea-telecom.co.uk
Mon Jul 25 12:03:10 MST 2005

> We have a rack with some space in the London Marsh Wall Redbus colo
> building however I don't seem to be able to find any carriers who can
> present an E1 to me in this building.  I'm not adverse to taking out some
> rackspace in another location, could anybody recommend a UK location with
> lots of Telecom providers?

The best location for Telcos in London is Telehouse, whilst Redbus etc is
great for internet applications, Telehouse has better carrier availability.

> Having said that though, do I even need to get my own E1 lines?  There
> seem to be plenty of companies offering SIP and IAX termination on here
> for amazing rates.  What is the benefit to me of paying £200 per month or
> so for an E1 line if I could just pay a slightly higher cost per minute
> and use somebody elses?  Call quality is very important to us.

Quite possible not at all, also you might not actually pay a higher price
anyway. We are a wholesale provider dealing only with quantity purchase and
offer the same price for both E1 and SIP connections. If you'd like to
progress anything with us, drop our sales team a line at
sales at magrathea-telecom.co.uk. We are based in Telehouse, and our UK mobile
routes are pure TDM, direct only one switch away from the mobile networks
themselves - no other VoIP provider can beat this for quality.

Linus