[Asterisk-biz] (no subject)

Andrew Sumner andrew at paratexmedical.com
Sat Jul 23 01:25:23 MST 2005

To All

I am Based In South Africa, I am more into IP faxing However would like to get involved in Voice as well, we have developed Faxing software and server software for sending Least Cost Routing Method Using T30 not merely T37 or T38 Standards. However these are also included.

We have found FoIp here to be insufficient as our bandwidths are low and extremely high Cost.  I have a few Questions, and I apologies for wasting the time of the members who are not interested.

Now we are about 3 months off for the international gateway for the Fax,  The faxing is not just a faxing Application but rather a Integration Service and Least Cost routing service,  The integration includes many features for Templates based faxing , with Email routing and SMS routing as an option, along with Online viewing of Faxes as well as sending this info.

My first Question is

1) how can I lean about adding asterisk or a Voice solution To my own Solution to make a package bearing in mind The fax itself is win32 clients.
2) How can I allow Our Systems to incorporate Asterisk for this voice I.e. provide Telecoms service.
3) I have Looked at some of the digium Equipment, We generally don't by branded systems in SA but rather Generic Which ultimately is the same anyway, been selling the stuff for 10 years, tend to know what components work well in a system. but Using Linux will also be a new thing although we can get those skills if needed
4) Id be interested in hearing from anyone who would like to offer this service in conjunction to their own and offer Termination, this will require our software loaded to convert the fax formats. or anyone who would like to enter into a symbiotic relationship to help us offer voice.

We are very small And the business is in proof of concept stage, We have a server running in The USA we have the relevant licenses to offer the service in South Africa, and we will be setting up a Server in The United Kingdom in Two months.  Now instead of sending the faxes from the States or From UK where it is cheaper to do so than SA id prefer service providers that are in the areas we are planning to send to and when marketing is underway in those countries it becomes reciprocal

The software is offered at no charge The real concept is not in the software per say but in the Least cost routing and the automation services. I know that the concept of the Least cost routing is not new that is why I focus on the Automation part of it, also the idea is cheaper call rates From SA with a generally weak currency We tend to pay more for our services.

If anyone can help or would like to know more please let me know

Andrew