[Asterisk-biz] Large volume inbound US provider request

alex at pilosoft.com alex at pilosoft.com
Thu Jul 21 08:41:46 MST 2005

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 09:17 -0500, Matthew Simpson wrote:
> > There's a big difference between rural LECs and CLECs.  LOL. You're
> > also confusing access charges with reciprocal compensation.
> >
> read the next email for my explanation of access charges and reciprocol
> compensation.  I brought up the rural lecs in response to the idiot that
> claims that access charges dont exist anywhere (I also brought up long
> distance providers to that same end).
Nice to see the name-calling begin.

a) I did not say access charges don't exist. Read the email. I said recip
is almost gone, and where it exists, it is in the range of 0.05c/minute.
(as in, 1/20th of a penny).

b) Rural carriers operate by entirely different rules from the rest. You
were looking for a CLEC to give you PRIs. By definition, rural carrier
*is* an ILEC. Please do not try to confuse issues.

c) You wanted a CLEC with recip - talk about clecs who still have recip.
Don't bring up rural ILECs' access tariffs.

d) Notwithstanding the above, since you made claims to contrary: Access
tariff by definition is LD (anything going between rate centers) and is
specified in the tariffs. Access tariff may be different for intralata /
intrastate / interstate.  Reciprocal compensation is by definition local
(intra-rate-center), is individually negotiated and specified in ICA.
Arguing otherwise is pointless.

> No I am not confusing anything, just trying to educate the people that
> insist that if they dont know it it doesnt exist.
Yes, someone by the name of trixter educating txlink and me. *smirk* Let's
hear it.

-alex