[Asterisk-biz] Does anybody use Asterisk in a Compact PCI

steve szmidt steve at szmidt.org
Sat Jul 16 10:29:05 MST 2005

On Saturday 16 July 2005 12:17, Steve Lane wrote:
> In rebutle to Christian's reply about myself. I would just like to say
> that doing business with Christian was not good at all being that his
> company charges up time without his customers knowing. Ususally I pay my
> bills but in the case of doing business with Asteria but in the case of
> getting hit with a $2K bill has really steamed me up because he was
> aware of my budget.
>
> Steve

That is what happens when you use someone else's services. They usually want
to get paid. Though in your defense I would say that it's a good idea to let
people know when the clock starts, and what it is for, to avoid any
ambiguity.

Just like it's a good idea to ask the company when they start billing.
Especially when you have a limited budget.

What is not to your defense the fact that you did not pay at least what you
thought was fair. Then you could negotiate from a much better point.

Not having seen the exact details I could be missing something important, but
it seems like there's a bit of missing responsibility on both sides. But
since there has been no complaints on the service rendered one can only guess
that you just did not pay, using the justifier that you did not know they
were charging for work, as you said.

When you sit down with a lawyer you usually pay as soon as you sit down in
his/her office. (Though my lawers say OK, I'm starting the clock.)

The reason I see it being on both sides is that it is good tactics to let
someone know that you are going to start charging them, so as to avoid these
kinds of situations. All can be resolved with decent communication. It's good
for customer relations.

So, to both of you, What can You take responsibility for? Figure it out and
talk to each other.
--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                Benjamin Franklin