[Asterisk-biz] Europe Cellular phones charges

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 00:21:34 MST 2005

> do you have to pay roaming charges when you travel to different countries
> (within Europe), if yes, what are the typical rate?
Yes, varies depending on program, mine would be nearly 1€ per minute
in either direction.

> What are the typical local air time charges per minute? Is there much
> difference from country to country?
This is too wide a question since there are many packages. I use a
prepaid SIM so the calls are expensive, about €0,45c per minute, but
received calls are FREEE to cell user.
> Any other monthly charges? Handling charges? Set up cost?
I must renew my card every three months and at that time I buy €30 for
€35 credit valid 3 months.
> are the charges applied to both calling or receiving or one side only, which
> way is more popular?
There is no chare for received calls so the theoretical minumum (I
have) is the €30/month