[Asterisk-biz] Talking of PoE ...

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Tue Jul 12 10:42:43 MST 2005

If your POE switch is a 802.xx (I forget the exact number) compliant
device then it will send power down pins 7 and 8. This should be ignored
by any non powered devices as they are only interested in pins 1,2,3 and 6.

I believe that the spec for the 802.xx switch is to kill the power after
n seconds if no load is sensed thus preventing damage to the connected
device.

Mark

--

Mark, G7LTT/KC2ENI