[Asterisk-biz] CLEC Pricing

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Jul 12 06:59:10 MST 2005

steve szmidt wrote:

> I would never pay it. Additional connection fee?! Why not just continue to
> search for some other provider that will not take 5c off the top from you?
> They are getting the local call rates are they not? (As I can see them
> wanting something for their trouble.) That should be enough.

Without far more details, nobody can really say whether this is a good
deal or not. For example, if you are purchasing PRIs from them, with the
intent of using them for outbound purposes only (i.e. they will not be
receiving any inbound revenue for your PRIs) and they are charging you
5c per call with no monthly cost for the PRIs themselves, then this
might be an OK deal. That's assuming you have a reasonably long 'average
call length', and are not a telemarketing call center placing 95%
unanswered calls.

But just saying 'is 5c per call reasonable' is really a pointless
question, since there are obviously other factors to consider.