[Asterisk-biz] SIP phones in an Enterprise

Bob Goddard asterisk at bgcomp.co.uk
Fri Jul 8 14:58:02 MST 2005

On Friday 08 Jul 2005 19:49, Eric Wieling aka ManxPower wrote:
> Lack of a power supply and SIP firmware (both are extra cost items) make
> the Cisco phones not as cheap as they seem at first.
>
> We use Polycom IP 300 and IP 500s and have been very happy with them.
> The Polycoms come with a power supply and SIP firmware, but if you want
> PoE you need a special adapter cable (about $30).  You don't need an
> adapter cable for the IP 600s.

The cost of the phones and the "extras" are small compared to the time
and effort you have to put into supporting them.

I've now given up on Snom due to the inability to properly update the
phones remotely and the attitude of their support staff who will attempt
to wriggle their way out of admitting their software is at fault.