[Asterisk-biz] VoIP Providers

steve szmidt steve at szmidt.org
Fri Jul 8 05:51:26 MST 2005

On Thursday 07 July 2005 09:28, Michael Welter wrote:
> I kill-file any person that uses 'u' instead of 'you'.  Maybe 'u' was
> cute back in the days of teletypes, but not today.

U got to be kidding! Why would we care who u killfile? I dare say this list is
not about cute grammar or anything else related to ability to communicate
clearly for that matter.

There are a lot of budding entrepreneurs here. Some clearly don't have English
as their first language, while some don't seem to have any language at all.
There are clueless and not so clueless people, but the point is that it is
about Asterisk business. And since this "business" list don't have any entry
requirements we can and will be receiving people from all over the place.
Some may have poor English but be technically astute and vice versa.

I agree that it would be nice and pretty looking if everyone could type in
perfect prose. (I would not mind a grammar course myself.) And if someone
don't seem professional in their messages they are no doubt suffering lost
traffic as a result.

Some people here might be considered annoying by some, but I bet you that
others find the same people interesting. With or without control of the
English language.

We all use our judgement, well most of us at least, in who we do what with.
I too would prefer if everyone used a spell checker, and were what I would
consider a good resource that I felt comfortable with. But that's not what
this list is for. It's simply a way to get business talk off from the user
list.

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                Benjamin Franklin