[Asterisk-biz] DIDs needed for Germany

Florian Overkamp florian at speakup.nl
Tue Jul 5 23:39:46 MST 2005

Hi,

Some countries, for instance Germany and the Netherlands, explicitly forbid
using geographical area codes from outside that area. Therefore, if you
cannot establish local presence in your desired area, it is illegal for a
telco to provide you with a DID.

In most cases it is allowed to request a premium number, a freephone number
or perhaps a personal number, since those are not geographically bound. I
don't know about Germany though.

Florian