X100P Clones, for the ast time (was Re: [Asterisk-biz] Sipura replacement)

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Fri Jan 28 16:25:19 MST 2005

This should be interesting. I have 6 brand new cards with the
Ambient(now Intel) MD3200 chip. I haven't had a chance to test yet. My
cost with shipping was under $9 each. I figured they might be handy for
some basic testing and experimentation at the very least. I know at
least 3 people that need replacement winmodems so they might make
excellent groundhog day gifts.

I won't be surprised at all if they don't work. I did some card designs
in the past. In purely digital cards there is less that can go wrong.
But when you are interfacing the chipset to something analog like a
phone line you have to do it the right way. The sample circuit
schematics provided by Intel and others are mostly intended to help
engineers get started and evaluate the chipset. I have ATI video cards
that work fine and I have clones that use the same ATI chipset and they
don't work well at all. Interesting....