[Asterisk-biz] Two g729 channels ATA

AR Tarzi artarzi at batelco.com.bh
Thu Jan 27 04:44:54 MST 2005

Thank you, it seems you are right. Their documents state:
A codec resource is considered as allocated if it has been included in the SDP codec list of an

active call, even though it eventually may not be the one chosen for the connection. So, if the G.729a

codec is enabled and included in the codec list, that resource is tied up until the end of the call

whether or not the call actually uses G.729a. If the G729a resource is already allocated and since

only one G.729a resource is allowed per SPA, no other low-bit-rate codec may be allocated for

subsequent calls; the only choices are G711a and G711u. On the other hand, two G.723.1/G.726

resources are available per SPA. Therefore it is important to disable the use of G.729a in order to

guarantee the support of 2 simultaneous G.723/G.726 codec.