[Asterisk-biz] bellster.net - GREAT advance

Adam Hart adam at teragen.com.au
Tue Jan 25 00:04:47 MST 2005

A) Quality - I don't want my calls to die when little Jimmy starts
downloading or restarts his Linux box... just the save a few cents. Even
worse, when I retry I get the same asterisk box.

B) Legal - In many countries it's illegal to provide calling to third
parties. (Or most phone contracts disallow it)

C) Costs - This system is based on the assertion that normal retail
local rates are less than <insert favorite voip provider>. Sure, if you
get free local calls yes, otherwise I doubt it. In Australia, we pay 20c
a call flat, I'd be crazy to leave it open to anyone to call through it.
Also, won't most people want to use their lines (why else would they
have them), are they going to kick users off to make calls themselves or
(unrealisticly) just wait.

Voip providers already fix the distance issue (cost me the same to use
Nufone as anyone in the USA). I'd rather use them and have more control
  on quality and cost.

-Adam