[Asterisk-biz] Polycom/Cisco phones: Demo units needed for high-end conference

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Mon Jan 24 22:59:35 MST 2005

Anyone have about 12 Polycom IP600 or Cisco 79[4,6]0 phones they want
to lend out for 12 days?  I run portions of the network at a fairly
large yearly convention (invite-only) that is specifically dedicated
to technology and "shifts" in thinking.  It's mostly CEOs of fortune
500 companies, prominent researchers, artists, and "personalities."
I would like to put some nice-looking IP phones at "convenience
stations" around the conference allowing people to make calls via IP,
but that requires phones.  I'd like to get some Polycom IP600 or
7960/7940 phones scattered around.  I have about a dozen endpoints I
need to hook up to make the environment work the way I envision.

I can't promise any press coverage or advertising space, but this is
an incredibly tech-savvy crowd.  If there is a logo on the phones
(yours) it will be noticed.  You can't buy advertising like this at
pretty much any price.

Of course, Asterisk will be the back-end system running everything.
It's going to be fairly simplistic, but there are no fancy tricks
required in this environment.

Please contact me off-list if you might be able to help out.  I don't
speak for the conference; I just volunteer there, so I can't name
them in this public note.

JT