[Asterisk-biz] bellster.net - GREAT advance

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Mon Jan 24 22:08:00 MST 2005

I'm starting to get confused so let's see what we have so far from this
discussion. IANL also and I will further admit that the following
conclusions are in harmony with my own opinions and those of an "elite"
few others on this matter. Everybody else is wrong and in need of
correction.

1) Running a bellster node could result in your girlfriend or even the
police beating the crap out of you.

2) Running  a bellster node could result in your conviction and
incarceration in some countries for theft of services or taking by
deception.

3) Running a bellster node without blocking caller ID could result in
unwanted calls from people whose language you don't speak.

4) Running a bellster node with an "unlimited" calling plan could get
you in big trouble with your provider. The terms of service already
prohibit reselling the service. I'm sure they will soon update it to
clearly prohibit "sharing with the masses".

5) The expected prison term for running a bellster node is proportional
to the per-minute rate to that country from the US48. Rates to countries
where it is legal are already low.

6) The FBI is already looking into this and has assigned Special Agent
Mumblefrantz to the investigation. He is currently enroute to Digium
where he will attempt to confiscate the mailman server that hosts these
lists.

7) Bellster is revolutionary and will provoke change. We should support
it and promote it for that reason. We should also support and promote
the sending of spam in order to bring about changes in the way email is
handled. In fact we should support and promote anything that has good
potential to be misused in an annoying manner just to see that it gets
regulated sooner.

8) If you are in my local calling area and your bellster node results in
telemarketing calls to me, I will not sneak over to your house after
dark with wire cutters and I will never ever put a high voltage onto
your pots line. I really do want telemarketing calls from people I can't
understand selling products I don't want. I don't get enough of them
already from my fellow countrymen.

To take it a step further: I remember seeing some bold statements from
the MS cartel about open source being a major threat to the US economy
and national security. Perhaps the major carriers can say the same about
bellster.