[Asterisk-biz] bellster.net - GREAT advance

Michael Giagnocavo mgg-digium at atrevido.net
Mon Jan 24 18:59:01 MST 2005

>Law enforcement have high capable technical people working for them, and
>may
>take
>into account that you are "lending" your line to other people you don´t
>know.
>Does it make you a criminal for that ? Surely not.
>We as an ISP couldn´t trace back some illegal activity in the past as we
>were asked by the law,
>and as we collaborate with them, we were never accused of being associate
>with the felony ...
>
>- John

Well John, you've had good experiences and still trust them. They should be
honoured to have citizens like you. Meanwhile, many others have had other
"real" experiences. And while *eventually* you might explain your situation
and be let off, that doesn’t mean you won't have to deal with visits from
cops, or even confiscation (right about after you say "my computer did it").

Personally, Bellster is zero benefit to me, as my local calls cost more than
what I get from our VoIP carrier. I suppose to save a few bucks here and
there it could potentially be worth it for some people.

-Michael