[Asterisk-biz] Trunk-to-subscriber ratios

Justin B Newman justin.newman at binhost.com
Mon Jan 24 12:14:35 MST 2005

Brian West wrote:
 > No 100 its way too low.  You should be able to pack higher ratios the
more
 > trunks you have too.

It is completely dependent on what kind of traffic you're running across
the lines.  That said, the last time I looked at the numbers on the
RBOCs, they were generally oversubscribed 8-12:1.

I'll also note that if you have 1 line, you probably can't oversubscribe
it 8:1.  If you have 1 PRI, you may be able to.  If you have 100 PRIs,
the odds get better.

Of course, if you're selling to call centers, the ratios aren't nearly
as good.

Yours,

-jbn
Binhost Technologies