[Asterisk-biz] Stumped on LD questions......

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Fri Jan 21 20:24:59 MST 2005

For termination I already do that on my test system. I have 4 providers
and if one is down the call goes through the next one in the list even
if it costs more. For origination it's not the same because you don't
want to keep changing numbers or keep porting them to different
providers. My understanding is that incoming wholesale cost is much less
than the .009 Michael mentioned in another reply(at least here in the
US). Somebody will start offering it at that price and smart people like
myself will advise the customers to go that way and forget about
"unlimited" offerings.

So my point is that I certainly don't want to start advertising "leased,
not owned" DID numbers unless I can count on sane and sensible rates for
using them. I want to know in advance what my cost will be for 1
min/month or 1 million min/month on this number. No mystery, please.