[Asterisk-biz] Stumped on LD questions......

Michael Giagnocavo mgg-digium at atrevido.net
Fri Jan 21 19:06:52 MST 2005

>Origination providers are equally confusing. A typical statement from
>support people is something like "We allow multiple simultaneous calls
>but we might limit that in the future." I can understand that they still
>need to get the software to the point where it will limit that. In the
>meantime they should go ahead and clearly state what will be allowed at
>what price. I want to know upfront what it will cost if my customer
>grows to the point where he needs to allow up to 12 incoming calls at a
>time. I can't place him with a provider that only charges $2/month for
>an "unlimited" local DID, currently allows lots of simultaneous calls
>but reserves the right to limit it to one someday and can't decide what
>he will charge people who need more than that.

You're probably better off buying DIDs at a price/minute. That way there's
no confusion, no wondering. If you get, say $0.009/minute incoming, then you
can easily calculate what your client gets for $5 a month.

They reserve the right to change that so you don't go and buy a cheap DID,
and then run a calling card service off of it.

Probably the easiest way is to just ask for a per minute pricing, or tell
them up front you plan on running a lot of traffic through the DIDs (when we
told our provider we were going to run a calling card service, we instantly
switched to paying by-minute).

-Michael