[Asterisk-biz] Stumped on LD questions......

brett-asterisk at worldcall.net brett-asterisk at worldcall.net
Fri Jan 21 08:40:24 MST 2005

Ty Carter wrote:

>OK.. I'm up to my eyes in LD BS!
>
>I can't for the life of me understand how any carrier, either VoIP or
>traditional service provider can make heads or tails of how to hand off an *
>based call to an LD provider.  Every provider I talk to, says I have to have
>a traditional T1 put in to their respective networks.
>
>I don't want to do this.  I want a LD provider that can take a IP, SIP, IAX
>hand-off and terminate the call.  I have talked and received pricing from
>ATT, MCI and Alliance Telecom.  Any other suggestions????  I'm looking for
>wholesale pricing for termination as we are a CLEC.
>
>Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
>
>Regards,
>
>Ty Carter

Hello Ty,
There are a lot of "providers" out there that can provide LD Termination
with SIP or IAX. Most (including many suggestions that have been put on
this list, are for "end users" and not really an option for a carrier).
We are a wholesale provider of Local and LD termination and are trying
to specifically target the CLEC/ISP market. We are located in Texas and
currently have a substantial interconnection here.

Feel free to contact me directly, off-list.. Please take the "-asterisk"
off my email for my regular business email account.

Thanks,
Brett