[Asterisk-biz] Stumped on LD questions......

alex at pilosoft.com alex at pilosoft.com
Thu Jan 20 15:55:14 MST 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Ty Carter wrote:

> I can't for the life of me understand how any carrier, either VoIP or
> traditional service provider can make heads or tails of how to hand off
> an * based call to an LD provider.  Every provider I talk to, says I
> have to have a traditional T1 put in to their respective networks.
>
> I don't want to do this.  I want a LD provider that can take a IP, SIP,
> IAX hand-off and terminate the call.  I have talked and received pricing
> from ATT, MCI and Alliance Telecom.  Any other suggestions????  I'm
> looking for wholesale pricing for termination as we are a CLEC.
Heh. I don't think you quite understand the market. Nobody big and serious
will accept IAX calls from you, IAX is still a toy to them. (please don't
flame me). Most carriers who would accept SIP termination (MCI, L3, GX).

However, with all of them, the minimum number of minutes/month for
wholesale rep to talk to you will be counted in millions.

-alex