[Asterisk-biz] Flat Rate Long Distance Providers

Ed Greenberg edg at greenberg.org
Tue Jan 18 12:53:30 MST 2005

Most voip providers will only sell flat rate to people who can only
originate one (or maybe two) calls at a time -- such as users of a hard or
soft phone, or an ATA device.

If you were to connect to such a service with Asterisk, all your users
would be able to initiate simultaneous calls on the same service. A great
business model for you, but not for your provider.

I imagine that the providers could sell flat rate to Asterisk users and
restrict the number of concurrent outbound calls. Why do they not?

</edg>

--On Tuesday, January 18, 2005 10:29 AM -0500 Ty Carter