[Asterisk-biz] Motorola CN620: WiFi / SIP / GSM

Cory Andrews Cory at voipsupply.com
Mon Jan 17 08:26:22 MST 2005

This phones was on display at CES in Vegas.  Here is what Motorola is saying
about availability.

"Motorola expects the CN620 to be on the market sometime in Q1 of this year,
and that it will be sold strictly through business units of the carriers
that offer it."

I expect to see a lot more hybrid phones that can place VOIP calls over WIFI
and revert to normal GSM calls when no WIFI connectivity is present.  Seems
like the natural evolution of mobile phone technology.

Imagine a VOIP provider deploys WIFI/WIMAX pop's providing coverage
throughout Manhattan or similar, densely populated urban areas.

Cory J Andrews
Partner / Purchasing
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
b2 Technologies, LLC