[Asterisk-biz] Enterprise market

Ron Arts ron.arts at neonova.nl
Fri Jan 14 16:02:35 MST 2005

Patrick wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 09:28 +0100, Olivier Krief wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>As a new reader of this mailing list, I feel that Asterisk is mostly
>>used by IP Telephony Service Providers to serve consumer or business
>>markets.
>>
>>Do you have proven and successfully experience using Asterisk as an
>>Entreprise PBX ?
>>What are the main strengths and weaknesses of this software compared
>>to commercial ones (from Alcatel, Nortel, Cisco) ?

Hi,

Our company is marketing exactly such a product. It's
called the Astium:

www.neonova.nl

(I'm sorry the site's in dutch, we're currently working
on an English version, ETA two weeks).

Main strengths:
- opensource
- versatile
- pretty cheap compared to you-know-who
- service contracts/support available
- extensive manuals (english)
- phone provisioning built-in (currently supports
   grandstream, SNOM, Cisco, Polycom, and soft-phones)
- multi-tenanting
- multi-language (prompts too)
- totally web based config, so can be hosted, and you
   don't need a consultant for every turn you make.

Main weaknesses
- not a big brand
- our version is currently focused on SME only
- opensource/linux
- suboptimal windows integration.

Regards,
Ron Arts