[Asterisk-biz] SS7 and Asterisk solution

Tracy R Reed treed at copilotconsulting.com
Thu Jan 13 15:44:20 MST 2005

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 03:14:58PM -0700, Michael at Matraex.com spake thusly:
> When using SS7 for interconnection with the ILEC our costs would be
> less.
> They charge about 60% less for SS7.

I see. 60% less on what for SS7?

> I don't even know what SS7 really is but I can definitely see the
> benefit to using it from a savings stand point.
> If it were available to asterisk using inexpensive hardware like the
> T1's then I think it would definitely be worth searching out a solution.

As I understand it SS7 connectivity is usually provided over some other
sort of data connection like an internet protocol link while calls and
ISDN signalling go over the T-1.

--
Tracy Reed    http://copilotcom.com
This message is cryptographically signed for your protection.