[Asterisk-biz] Looking for Asterisk Consultant

Randy MacKay randymackay at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 7 22:34:39 MST 2005

I have an Asterisk Machine that I have been testing and feel that I am very
close to disconnecting my old phone system.  I would like help in finishing
the setup, and making sure it's ready for the rest of my office to use.

I'm looking for an experienced Asterisk Consultant who is experienced with
the Cisco 7905 phone, and  would be interested in checking my Asterisk
Machine for the following:

- Review my Dial Plan and make recommendations and possible changes.
- Make sure I haven't make any serious blunders in my dial plan, or left
security hole somehow.
- Check my Linux and make recommendations ( I have no virius software, are
their other maintance things I should be doing, ie rotate logs, I'm not
using SafeAsterisk...???)
- Set up *8 for Call Pickup.
- Make sure I have Attended Transfer and Blind Transfer working correctly.
- Help me get SSH set up on another machine so I can remote into the
asterisk box.

My Asterisk Configeration is as follows:

==Main Site - (Las Vegas, NV)==
Asterisk Computer with 2 ea TDM04B Cards (8 pots lines)
15 Cisco 7905G Phones
1 Sipura SPA-2000 with Cordless Phone (In process of adding today)
2 Grandstream 102 Phones

==2nd Site (Las Vegas, NV)==
1 Sipura SPA-2000 with 2 AT&T 958 Standard Phones

==3rd Site (Las Vegas, NV - My house)==
1 IAXy with AT&T 958 Standard Phone

==4th Site (North Carolina)==
1 IAXy with AT&T 958 Standard Phone

All 4 sites are working very well.  Voice mail working as expected.  The
office currently uses the phones to call within the office and leave
voicemail.  I currently have only 2 pots lines connected to the Asterisk PBX
for testing.  A few of us use it to call out on, but almost no inbound
traffic yet. My greeting is working as we want it.

I had one problem where a call in progress was disconnected.  It happened
from IAXy to Cisco, SPA-2000 to Cisco, Cisco to Outbound Call.  I made a few
minor changes to busydetect or something else, and I haven't noticed any
problems again, but I'm not 100% sure on that yet.

I'm hoping that I won't need very much of your time.  If you are interest,
please contact me off list randyatcreativesurface.com or call me at Cel
702-355-0949 or the office number listed below.

Randy MacKay
Creative Surface Solutions
4720 Quality Court
Las Vegas, NV 89103