[Asterisk-biz] IP Displays for public telephony booths

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Sun Jan 2 17:24:45 MST 2005

Sergio Veltri wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I am looking for displays that are tipically installed in public phone
> booths / kiosks with the purpose of showing the time and money the
> person on the phone is currently using. The typical connection is
> standard phone connected to the display and this one to the phone
> line.
>
> I havent seen ones that are IP based and this is what I am looking
> for. Anyone out there has seen, or makes these?
>
> Since a picture speaks a thousand words here is an example of the
> stadard ones out there.
>
> http://www.tulocutorio.com.ar/imagenes/images_locales/moron/paginas/display.htm

This looks like LCDproc or something with a custom client running on an
HD4480...

The HD4480 based LCDs are _really_ cheap and you will probably be able
to find them for $3-$5.  If you don't want to build the enclosure
yourself, you could get a pre-made one from Matrix Orbital or Crystal Fontz.

You would of course have to send the information to the LCDproc client
(I guess you could use the System command in Asterisk coupled with the
command-line LCDproc client).

Oh, and BTW the site for LCDproc is www.lcdproc.org

Drop us a line if you need help with this process.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell