[Asterisk-biz] bridging iaxtel calls to PSTN

Duane duane at e164.org
Sun Feb 20 03:50:31 MST 2005

info at cybernergies.com wrote:
> Hello,
>  I just started using asterisk, and have a question. I have  setup two
> asterisk servers, A and B. A has a Digium TDM400 11B card (1 FXO and 1
> FSX modules) and is connected to the PSTN. B has same, but is NOT
> connected to PSTN. I want to configure B to call A via iaxtel, and
> connect to the PSTN using A's line. How can I configure iaxtel dial
> plan for B in extensions.conf? I want to be able to make a call to
> local US number (where A is located) from B, using iaxtel. Can anyone
> please help me? All I have seen so far is just making calls from A to B
> and vice versa using the iaxtel 1700 number, but I haven't seen any
> examples of how to bridge the iaxtel calls to PSTN. Help please.

If A and B is on fixed IPs you setup an account on A for B, then dial A
directly, you don't have to go via IAXTEL for asterisk to asterisk
connections...

eg

exten => _1.,1,DIAL(IAX2/username:password at host/${EXTEN})

--

Best regards,
 Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right,
    but the optimist has a better time on the trip."