[Asterisk-biz] Call termination database 0.1

Duane duane at e164.org
Fri Feb 18 17:17:57 MST 2005

Alistair Cunningham wrote:
> Richard,
>
> This is a fair point. I'll have a think about this.

I disagree, as long as you output the full prefix and rate for that
prefix I don't see how you could be liable (although adding disclaimers
that the information is provided by 3rd parties and you should check
with the 3rd party for the most up to date rate)

Usually Australian rates (+61) vary a fair bit, and being able to find
Sydney rates with +61 or +612 there could be a considerable difference,
not to mention the +61(0)8 area code covers 2 states and a territory
which take up more then half the country...

Also Sydney has areas around the city falling into a number of numbers
that can't easily be put into a DB that make it easy to search...

+6124621,+6124628 (maybe others) = Campbelltown, which is the most south
westerly you can get before leaving the city...

+6128-9 = Most of the main part of Sydney
+614743,+6124731 (maybe others) = Penrith, which is the most westernly
part of the city you can go to before leaving the city...

Most likely these locations will be listed at a different rate, but if
small providers get termination equipment into exchanges it becomes
cheap for them to provide calls in those areas...

So it possibly wouldn't be easy for me to search just based on Sydney
numbers, I could be all day pulling them out...

Alternatively maybe an option to only display exact prefix might be a
better option...

--

Best regards,
 Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right,
    but the optimist has a better time on the trip."