[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk for small businesses.

Alex Pui alex.pui at act-labs.com
Fri Feb 18 09:56:51 MST 2005

Jim,

I read very carefully on what you said here, and I come to an conclusion
that even your tone sounds we are debating, but in fact we are talking about
the same thing :
You said : This is NOT a safe place to be. Asterisk is an extreme sport -
wear a
helmet!
I said : The productization of Asterisk is not complete, some missing blocks
need to be filled up.

I think both of them are good advice to Mike Dent's question

 " Now I realise people are not going to disclose their business winning
secrets but I'd welcome any friendly advise from others who have done
this or are doing it at present."

 In fact, I appreciate that you have found out my intention to be a
distributorship of Talkswitch, or Multitech, yes, I do, but I want that
gateway to be compatible with Asterisk so Asterisk will become a feature
server which is its strength. But please don't twist my business idea, I am
not looking for a scapegoat if the solution does not work for my customer,
there is no such thing of shifting the blame to anybody else in business and
I have been here more than 25 years, I know that very well.

My experience told me that each "product" should have its position and
Asterisk is not exception and it has not found one yet (correct me if I am
wrong). And I am trying to find one, I didn't say I am right!

Alex