[Asterisk-biz] Call termination database

Duane duane at e164.org
Thu Feb 17 16:32:07 MST 2005

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> As it stands now, pretty much every provider has their own "rate chart"
> format, and many of them are incomplete and/or inaccurate. I wasn't
> really thinking about actually building a _rate_ database, since the
> rates are frequently not public, based on volume, etc.

Actually this would be something simple to build, and could even include
more specific routes as needed.

In the number field you store the number as specific as possible,
minimum amount of minutes and cost.

Then you allow people to enter the route they want access to the amount
of minutes they think they will make use of. Off the top of my head
something like the sql (works in mysql) below should work just fine.
What wouldn't be so trivial is comparing minimum call lengths, billing
times and rounding etc, you'd just have to display on the matching
minutes/route and the person looking to buy would have to make their own
mind up as to what was a better deal (not just price per minute)...

SELECT * FROM `rates` where LOCATE('$number', `route`) = 1 and `minutes`
<= '$minutes' ORDER BY `cost` ASC

--

Best regards,
 Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right,
    but the optimist has a better time on the trip."