[Asterisk-biz] Investment opportunity for a growth company

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Tue Feb 15 16:55:16 MST 2005

Michael Welter wrote:

> Preston Garrison wrote:
>
>> 100k doesn't seem like much for something like this :)  I would
>> barely call that seed money, especially for a majority share.
>>
> Here is his private email to me:
>
> >Do you have such a business and need the money?
> >
> >Call me if yours is one of the companies that can be labeled with the
> >subject.
> >
> >Seshu Kanuri
> >Morgan Stanley | Technology
> >1633 Broadway | Floor 19
> >New York, NY 10019
> >Phone: +1 212 537-2849
> >seshu.kanuri at morganstanley.com
>
> Morgan Stanley are investment bankers.  If they _are_ in the VC
> business, they would be talking tens of millions, not $100,000.  This
> whole thing doesn't pass the sniff test.

I would not be so harsh. It could very well be that Seshu is looking for
an investment opportunity for himself or family/friends. It's highly
possible for people in his line of business to pick up an extra $100k
sometimes as a single commission or bonus. I seem to recall seeing his
morganstanley.com email address here long before he posted on this
subject. At least that tells me he works for a well-known company.

But I agree that $100k is not a lot of money. Somebody willing to invest
$100k and a lot of hard work would interest me more. If they have the
right attributes I would forget about the $100k.