[Asterisk-biz] Investment opportunity for a growth company

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Tue Feb 15 11:47:43 MST 2005

Michael Welter wrote:

> Seshu Kanuri wrote:
>
>> Hello All!
>>
>> We are a Private investors group and would like to invest about
>> $100,000 in an up and coming technology company that has proven
>> potential.
>> A company that is focused on Mesh Networking, Mobile VOIP, VOIP
>> Telephony, Wireless Internet, Wireless Ecommerce, Wirelss Video and
>> Radio Services, Corporate IPBX etc, that has a clearly plan of it's
>> future, is the one we are looking for.
>>
>> Anyone who is having such a business and is willing to give-up either
>> a majority or a minority share of such company may please contact in
>> confidence, with a brief proposal and a 1-2 page business plan, that
>> outlines the potential. Send the details to the undersigned address.
>> Asterisk Investor
>> asteriskvc at yahoo.com <mailto:asteriskvc at yahoo.com>
>> Ps: All information will be kept strictly confidential.

>> Yahoo! Search presents - Jib Jab's 'Second Term'
>> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=30648/*http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/jibjabinaugural.html>

> Yea sure.  Look at his email:  asteriskvc at yahoo.com.  This guy isn't
> an investor, he's looking for a business plan.
>
> Seshu, if you're really serious then give us your web address.  Show
> us the money!

Maybe if all I wanted was money for a hot dog cart or an ice cream
truck, I would show my business plan freely to potential investors. What
Seshu is asking for requires a non-disclosure agreement and proof that
he can pay if that agreement gets violated. I could easily get a
judgement against somebody who screws me over but if I can't find the
money I can't collect it.

I have a business plan that might work with $100,000. I would sell 40%
interest for $20,000(payable to me). I would work exclusively on the
project for the next year for consulting fee of $36,000(lump sum or paid
from escrow account) so that leaves $44,000 available for equipment and
other expenses. It looks like the investors would have to bring in other
resources. Things like their own business expertise and credit lines
would probably help a lot. The investors would also get 2-year stock
options that would allow them to gain controlling interest in the company.

Seshu, are you still interested?