[Asterisk-biz] A-Z termination and _accurate, complete_ rating needed

Linus Surguy linus at magrathea-telecom.co.uk
Tue Feb 8 01:19:57 MST 2005

> Like everyone else this past week, I too am looking for reliable vendors
> of international termination (we have USA/Canada covered adequately). I
> don't mind if you contact me on the list or off, it's your call :-)

If we havnt communicated before I'll check our records and I'll get our A-Z
sent to you. All out carriers are TDM and we have multiple diverse IP links
providing quality IP.

As far as your comment about UK codes:

> looking around. I'm a bit concerned by what I see out there: there's a
> great deal of inconsistency in rates for things that should be pretty
> consistent. For example, LiveVoip's rate tables show +443, +444 and +445
> as "UK National" at less than 3c per minute, but everyone else shows
> these as UK Premium numbers at 15-25c per minute (and yes, I did ask
> them about it, and they claim their rate tables are correct). What I

+44 3 & +44 4 currently do not exist and are unlikely to in the near future.
They have however been reserved for geographic numbering expansion, so
whilst they shouldnt be in the rate table at all, if they are there then
they should be the same as +44 1 & +44 2.

+44 5 is not geographic numbering. It actually contains some toll free
numbers as +44 500 (UK toll free is +44 500, +44 800 and +44 808), a special
numbering scheme as +44 55 supposedly for 'corporate' numbering, but mainly
used for BT's trial of a VoIP product and a new number range +44 56
designated especially for VoIP and other 'new' technology services to be
used as subscriber numbering. However, none of these will have inter-carrier
settlement rate of higher than 0.04GBP and most will be sub 0.01GBP - so the
carriers calling these 'Premium' at 15-25c are wrong.

Linus