[Asterisk-biz] PoE for Cisco Phones

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Sun Feb 6 10:38:06 MST 2005

Adi Linden wrote:

> Netgear FS108P <http://netgear.com/products/details/FS108P.php> is an
> 8-port switch with 4 powered ports (802.3af). Cost is CDN$160, about
> double of the non power version. That makes it CDN$20 per port for 802.3af
> power.

Nice! Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen that one yet. Hopefully this
will start up some competition between the various vendors (Linksys,
D-Link, etc) and get the prices down even further.

That unit is $112US from a source I've used before, which is not too
bad. I wish it had all PoE-enabled ports, but it's a step in the right
direction!