[Asterisk-biz] asterisk as outbound dialer only

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Wed Feb 2 20:43:28 MST 2005

The only Asterisk consultants that claim to have any kind of answering
machine detection is aheeva, and I've never been able to actually get any
stats out of them as to how successful their method is. Answering machine
detection is very hard to do better than 50%(and getting that good takes a
lot of processing power in the Asterisk platform). Even the big boys(Avaya,
Davox, etc...) can't do better than 70-80% answering machine detection.

As for scheduling automated calls, that is easily accomplished with asterisk
and a simple Database.

As for thousands/millions of calls, what kind of time frame are you talking
about for these calls?
	how many per day? what calling hours?

Number of simultaneous calls is really dependant upon how many
channels/bandwidth you have and how many Asterisk servers you have. in
theory it is limitless if you have enough money.

Determining Busy, ring-no-answer, fax, disconnects and invalid numbers can
all be determined by running small recordings of the calls through a fast
sphinx filter. you can get at least 90% accuracy with this method even in
the very fast and dirty sphinx audio-to-speach mode. and there is plenty of
time during non-business hours to process tens of thousands of calls per
server at night.

Will you be sending callerid out on these calls with a number for people to
call you back for more information?

MATT---