[Asterisk-biz] Repost: Consulting rate for asterisk work

Ed Greenberg edg at greenberg.org
Wed Feb 2 12:56:59 MST 2005

Oops. Sorry. I just can't get this posted properly. Perhaps I need to renew
my emailing license :)

This was supposed to be a new posting and then it was incomplete. Here is
the correct posting.

I'm asked to participate an asterisk project... This involves:

* Collaborating on the project scope and design
* Explaining what Asterisk can do and how it can enable the project
* Collaborating on the project scope and design
* Implementing a proof of concept on my server
* Advising on the purchase of hardware
* Installing and configuring Asterisk
* Writing several custom applications (actually copying and modding
existing apps)
* Designing the dial plan
* Training IT resources

I'm trying to figure out what the correct rate is for such work.
I live in Silicon Valley, where costs are high.

Any suggestions appreciated for what an independent contractor would charge
for such work?(assuming competency?)

Thanks, and sorry for the previous email blasts.
</edg>